No doubt pain can be turned into a calculable commodity and therefore be
made useful for science under capitalism. Another question might be is: is
science able to recognise any point at which  pain is pathological - or,
when pain is  'normal'? Does subjective pain sometimes serve a useful
function in terms of an individual's health as a capacity of an individual
to react constructively to threats to integrity?

Owen

https://myownprivatemedicine.com/