About a year since the Language Issues article. We now have videos in 8 different languages, including Polish and Urdu.

Welsh is the latest addition: https://guthan.wordpress.com/2017/07/01/taith-drwyr-aeleg/

Always willing to consider new versions and languages...

Gordon

Subject: Community language videos
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 17:32:12 +0100

Anyone interested in translating short (5-minute) film transcripts into community language(s) and recording the voiceover commentaries?

Why? See this in NATECLA’s latest Language Issues:

https://guthan.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/sharing-gaelic-voices/

A couple of examples:

https://guthan.wordpress.com/2016/04/23/kopanie-torfu-polish-peatcutting/

https://guthan.wordpress.com/2016/08/12/lursail-alferrak-lazybeds-in-basque/

I don’t suppose there’ll be an avalanche of responses, but probably best to reply off-list if you have specific ideas, or queries as to how it’s done.

All voluntary, I’m afraid, but can be fun…

Gordon

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to