The Research Group Urban and Regional Economic Studies (Professor Gernot Grabher) at HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU) is looking to recruit a

Post Doctoral Lecturer (Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in)

(80 per cent, € 39.000 to € 49.000, TVL-14)

with a background in economic geography and/or economic sociology. We are seeking outstanding candidates with a completed PhD who will strengthen or complement our portfolio of research activities on the economic geographies of creativity; social networks; projects and temporary clusters.

The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to our group’s new research focus on the emergence of new markets, new patterns of social interaction and new business models in the so-called “platform/sharing economy”. We have been working on this collaboratively with renowned international scholars in management and economic sociology over the past years. The lecturer position includes 3 weekly hours of teaching, mainly on topics in the field of economic and urban geography as well as regional politics.

Experience in empirical research, proven ability to publish, and commitment to funded research are required. Fluency in German is preferred. We are particularly seeking candidates who are willing to contribute to the further development of the Research Group in the exciting new university context of the HCU. The Research Group offers an excellent opportunity for academic development, a collegial atmosphere in an open and multi-disciplinary setting, and international research contacts.

The appointment is to commence at the earliest possible date. The contract will be limited to a period of 3 years.

Established in 2006, the HCU is focused on understanding the development and planning of urban and regional environments (for more information on the HCU and the Research Group visit: http://www.hcu-hamburg.de/urban-economics).

Informal inquiries may be made to: Professor Gernot Grabher at [log in to unmask].

Please send your applications (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, record of teaching and research activities, contact details of three referees, outline of research interests, and up to three publications) to:

HafenCity Universität
Personalverwaltung
Stellen-Nr.: „2014-76“
Großer Grasbrook 9
20457 Hamburg

Or apply online to [log in to unmask]quoting reference „2017-41 WiMi PostDoc Stadt- und Regionalökonomie“.

Closing date: 23 August 2017

Kind regards,

Gernot Grabher