  *   Apologies for my slip - I sent the previous 'save the date' email without the date...   -

Following our highly successful Digital Learning in Museums conference in Oxford on 16 June 2017...

https://www.digitallearningnetwork.net/news-blog/digital-learning-in-museums-conference-speaker-slides/

...  the next event run by DLNET (Digital Learning Network) has just been confirmed:

From focus-group to Facebook: evaluating digital learning projects
Partnership Event from the Digital Learning Network and The Cardiff Story.
Conference venue[The Cardiff Story, Cardiff

Digital approaches to interpretation, engagement and learning strategies are becoming increasingly common in cultural organisations of all scales and for projects of any budget.  From simple strategies involving pre-existing platforms or off-the-peg equipment, to bespoke solutions using cutting-edge technology; Digital has embedded its place in our armoury of techniques to engage and enthral our audiences.

Most colleagues working in cultural fields will already be familiar with the concepts and practices of evaluation; both to aid the development of future projects and to satisfy the requirements of external funding organisations.

  *   As digital projects and practices become more commonplace, is there a difference in the way we need to evaluate these projects?
  *   Do digital projects require digital evaluation tools?
  *   Is Facebook better than a focus group?
  *   Are Google Analytics and Survey Monkey really all we need?

This one day event will consider how those who are developing or delivering digital projects might consider evaluating those projects.  The day aims to look at the range of tools available, and consider their limitations.  It is also intended to share any recent work in this area which might have a practical impact upon how such projects might be evaluated.

More information will be available shortly at https://www.digitallearningnetwork.net/event/from-focus-group-to-facebook-evaluating-digital-learning-projects/

A Call for Papers will follow soon.

Martin Bazley
Digital heritage consultant
Martin Bazley & Associates
82B Melbury Gardens
West Wimbledon
SW20 0DN
0780 3580 727
www.martinbazley.com<http://www.martinbazley.com/>

DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]

For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET