Dear colleagues

Please could you help by completing this survey if relevant to you?

We are asking for help in the development of a HLF Skills for the Future programme:
Digital Heritage Discoveries, that if successful will invest in a new generation of diverse museum professionals to equip them with a dynamic understanding of digital data management, preservation and access practices relating to museum collections.

27 trainees, based in museums across the UK, will form a proactive network through which essential digital skills, tools and workflows are developed and shared between trainees, host museums and the wider sector. Trainees will tackle key challenges of digital management, from securing at-risk legacy data to maximising the value of digital assets such as photographs. Positive action recruitment will seek to appoint trainees who demonstrate a natural digital talent and benefit the diversity profiles of their host museum. After a year of on-the-job training, trainees will be able to harness essential skills and act as champions in the sector, placing digital best practice at the heart of all areas of museum work.

The Audience Agency is, as part of the R and D stage for this project, carrying out a survey on behalf of the British Museum to learn more about digital skills in the heritage sector. This survey should take you no more than 10 minutes to complete and is the first part of a process that will be followed up with qualitative research, which is why we ask you to give your organisation's name so that we may ask some follow-up questions by phone if the need arises.

The programme has not yet begun anf there will be an open application process.

Individual responses will not be made attributable to any individual or organisation publicly, unless we seek and gain permission, and will otherwise only be used internally by the British Museum team to place trainees for the Digital Heritage programme appropriately, and generically to understand and help address digital skills' needs in the heritage sector as a whole.

Please click on the link below to complete the survey, by or soon after Monday July 31st, and thank you in advance for your participation ...

  Many thanks and very best wishes

Adrienne

Adrienne Pye
Senior Consultant, Evaluation
The Audience Agency
DD 07727 977 859

Adrienne Pye
Senior Consultant, Evaluation

DD 07727 977 859

www.theaudienceagency.org
Twitter icon @audienceagents

Postal address: The Audience Agency, 2nd Floor, Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, LONDON E1 6LA

The Audience Agency

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +