Dear all,

First time posting – hope you can provide some guidance around legal requirements and policy in relation to provision of scanned extracts (e.g. articles).

At Brighton we’re looking to make scanned course documents (PDFs) accessible, through OCR and tagging, using Acrobat DC.

My question is do institutions tag all scanned documents, or only those which have been specifically requested, e.g. by academic or student support staff, to support individual students in need.

A little context; we have begun by looking to tag everything using Acrobat DC, but have quickly realised just how much additional time it requires.  We want to support all students in the fullest manner, but wondering whether a broad or targeted approach is taken elsewhere.

Many thanks,

Peter