Dear DIGITAL-PRESERVATION JISClist

I am working on a project that is focusing on the training and development of new entrants to the museums sector.  Rather than being focused on the more ‘traditional’ curatorial routes this project is looking at training people so they gain knowledge and experience of digital preservation within museums/cultural heritage organisations; with the hope that their future careers will start to address DP issues in the sector.  It’s still in the planning/ideas stage but I was wondering if could ask for any help/pointers on following:

It is hoped that the project will pull together maybe 10 to 12 workshops/training days that cover on the following themes:

Overall, we’d hope the training:

Thanks for your help in advance, and if you have any ideas/opinons on the type of areas we are thinking of covering it’d be great to hear them.

And, of course, I’d be happy to collate any answers I get and distribute the list.

Cheers

Paddy McNulty

Culture Heritage Museums Consultant

Paddy McNulty Associates Ltd