Citizens Advice provide free, independent and impartial advice and information to help people resolve their legal, money and other problems. In the past year we have helped over 2.5 million people solve over 6.2 million problems. Our national network delivers services from over 3,000 locations in England and Wales. In 2015 we won Charity Times Charity of the Year for our work. Now we want to do even more.

Vacancy Description

£35,704 plus £3,520 London Allowance

Flexible location - office based

Full-time

Permanent

Job Ref: 17\113

Reporting to the Information Governance Manager, this role is a new post that will be joining an established Information Governance team consisting of 3 experienced members of staff.

As an Information Governance Officer you’ll work with the team to support the aims of Citizens Advice and create a culture of shared responsibility for information risk management.

You will help develop and support organisational policies and processes that ensure we comply with data protection law and good information management practice. You may lead on or support distinct workstreams as part of our ongoing General Data Protection Regulation compliance project.

The role will also require you to provide data protection advice to Citizens Advice and our wider network of local offices on novel issues with a practical, risk based approach ensuring we continue to protect the privacy rights of our clients and employees.

Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce

Closing date: 25th August 2017

Interview date: 4th September 2017

For full benefits, further information and to apply please visit https://citizensadvicejobs.engageats.co.uk

--
Jake Smith
Information Governance Manager

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing information and advice, and by influencing policymakers.
Notice: this email originates from Citizens Advice, an operating name of The National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux (Charity Registration Number 279057, VAT number 726 0202 76, Company limited by guarantee, Registered Number 1436945 England, Registered office 3rd Floor North, 200 Aldersgate, London EC1A 4HD).  It contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.  If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or reply to this email (other than for the reason stated above).

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]