I submitted a bug report (02976306) on this to Intel. I agree with Malcolm that ifort's behavior does not match the standard. But I also agree with Vipul that it would be helpful if there was a note (either in SAME_TYPE_AS, or maybe under Dynamic Type) indicating that type parameters are not considered where the standard references only "dynamic type".

Steve

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 1:05 AM, Malcolm Cohen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Well, colour me astonished that Intel have gotten this wrong.

Vipul Parekh claims:
> The standard text in no way informs me, as an ordinary Fortran user, that this intrinsic "SAME_TYPE_AS is fully defined to ignore kind".

And yet, the standard explicitly states:
> If the dynamic type of A or B is extensible, the result is true if and only if the dynamic type of A is the same as the dynamic type of B.

This completely specifies the result.  There is no room for KIND or LEN or the phase of the moon to enter into it.

Cheers,
--
..............Malcolm Cohen, NAG Oxford/Tokyo.