Hi Chenjun Tang,

I have not followed the original discussion, so my apologies if I am repeating the device already given to you.

Crystallization optimization is always a good idea - nothing beats good quality crystals. In addition,

you should try collecting few images, especially in the "bad" orientation of the crystal, at ambient temperature, from the samples that have NOT been cryo-protected yet.

You need to figure out if the cryo-protection and/or cryo-cooling are damaging your crystals.

Best,

Nukri

Ruslan Sanishvili (Nukri), Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallographer