From: This is the list of ARLIS/UK & Ireland: the Art Libraries Society. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Emma Floyd
Sent: 04 July 2017 10:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Enquiry about availability of decorative arts auction catalogues on open access in London

Dear all,

Can anyone help this enquirer? Our auction catalogues are all on closed access and we don’t collect decorative art. If you can help, please reply to him direct.

Many thanks

Emma

First name
Stephen

Last name
Wright

Email

A question re. auction house sale catalogues originating from a London-based researcher for an art and antiques advisory company.

Is anyone aware of a publicly-accessible library that keeps lengthy runs of sale catalogues from the major auction houses on open shelf access?

Ideally holdings would include catalogues from the 1970s onwards, from all of the London, New York, and European branches of Sotheby’s and Christie’s; even better would be decent holdings of other Parisian auctioneers.

The focus is on decorative arts and furniture rather than paintings.

A library in or near to London is required, but interested to learn of alternatives further afield.

Visit the official page of ARLIS UK & Ireland http://www.arlis.net/Home. Subscribe to https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/, to receive regular posts on art library and archive matters; news, print and digital art and design resources, artists’ books, recent and upcoming events and exhibitions, ARLIS/UK & Ireland publications, job listings and professional profiles.