Further to my colleagues post regarding the NAL’s holding of sale catalogues we have an excellent collection onsite, as well as providing access to online auction resources in the NAL’s study rooms. We also have a  study guide for art auction sales, sales catalogues,  price guides.

Our collection of priced sales catalogues do not yet have individual records on our catalogue, but do have a collection description record for each auction house eg. Christies Priced (found by a title browse search with the name of the auction house followed by ‘priced’)

Below is a screen shot of the NAL’s electronic resources, which you can access by clicking on the grey ‘e-resources’ tab at the top of the NAL catalogue and then go to ‘view resources by subject/format’. We are a major centre for collecting art sales catalogues so I felt it was important to expand on previous answers.

Best Wishes

Sally Williams

Acting Assistant Librarian/Group Visits Co-ordinator

Victoria and Albert Museum

National Art Library

South Kensington

SW7 2RL

Tel: +44(0)207 942 2385

Art Fund Museum of the Year 2016 Winner

The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains
Opening 13 May 2017 at V&A South Kensington
Presented by Pink Floyd, the V&A, and Iconic Entertainment Studios
Sound Experience by Sennheiser
Book now on vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd
See the exhibition for free if you join as a V&A Member vam.ac.uk/members

Rachel Whiteread, Place (Village)
Now open at V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission free

Keep in touch
Sign up for V&A e-newsletters vam.ac.uk/content/email/signup
Become a fan on Facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum
Follow us on Twitter.com/V_and_A

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.

All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of The Victoria and Albert Museum or its affiliates.

The Victoria and Albert Museum accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus. Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL, Tel: 0207 942 2000