A mass of records from a 200-year solicitors’ practice detailing life and business in Northumberland has been acquired by the county’s archives service.

The Heritage Lottery Fund has backed the bid by Northumberland Archives at Woodhorn with a grant of £77,400 to help buy the collection described as probably the most important archive of Northumbrian social history that was still in private hands.

The 400 archive boxes are from Dickson, Archer & Thorp Solicitors of Alnwick which was established in the late 18th Century and closed with the death of the last managing partner in 2003.

http://bit.ly/2tISwbh
http://bit.ly/2tISwbh+

--
Peterk