Data Scientist, RNLI

Poole, Dorset, UK

www.DataScientistJobs.co.uk

£35,284 to £41,511 (dependent on experience)

Temporary (up to 15 months)

RNLI Headquarters, Poole, Dorset

Ref: 7315

The RNLI are embarking on an exciting series of transformation programmes and we are looking for key people to lead and be part of the team to realise these ambitions.

We rely on quality analysis to make operational and commercial decisions, that ultimately allow more lives to be saved, and Data Science is a crucial part of this service. The Operations Research Unit (ORU) collects, manages and analyses data about the RNLI’s lifesaving activity and turns it into actionable insight for the organisation’s decision makers. ORU are working closely with the Data and Analytics programme to help improve the way we manage, govern, and derive analysis from our data assets right across the RNLI. This is a 3 year programme to build the foundations for a top-class data management and analytical service, and this role provides a chance to be involved at the very start to help shape those solutions.

You will be part of a multi-function programme team that will put in place data and analytical platforms, make the data assets available in those platforms, and then build the maturity of analyst teams to get the most value out of that data. You should be able to demonstrate experience and ability in data profiling, mining, and building data requirements. Experience with use of modern analytical platforms is preferred, along with exposure to different analytical methods and approaches to answer a wide variety of commercial and operational questions.

More Information >>>>> http://bit.ly/2v6nzhF

SIGNOFF allstat