Hi Sally,
we are using a Sysmex XN450 in our ED department.
Results correlate really well with lab results, EQA performance is excellent and the analyser has been really reliable.
There is a limit of 100 operators and we have over 250 working in ED.
Our POCT team perform daily shutdown/startup and run QC (approx 15 mins work per day).  We also change reagents and maintain stocks.  Ward staff, doctors, nurses & HCAs run the samples.
Our main problem is connectivity - results go through Conworx to LIS to ICE.  Operators get a print out which has the patient demographics they enter on the device however Conworx only transmits the hospital number - no operator details or supporting patient demographics transmit.  The device cannot support an ADT feed.  We generate labels on ICE to help ensure the correct hospital number is used but operators do not always scan these and errors do occur.

In terms of operation, the XN450 is not intuitive - it is very much a lab analyser so we have extensive posters showing the process step by step and Sysmex did print some posters for us on how to retrieve results.   A large number of the ED staff are now (18 months later)  confident operators but many have been scared off as they find it difficult to use.

Kind regards,
Angela
[cid:973554808@06072017-1B42]
FRIMLEY HEALTH
NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
Wexham Park Hospital
Slough
SL2 4HL

ANGELA SULLIVAN
POINT OF CARE TESTING
CO-ORDINATOR
* 01753 633464
È07787 598407
* [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

For all Point of Care testing queries, please contact x3464 or 07787 598407
Email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Out of hours please contact On call Blood Sciences Staff.