Dear Colleagues,

I am interested to know how many of you measure 24 hour urine volume using the weighing technique (using urine SG to calculate volume) or volumetric using a measuring cylinder.

I would also like to know how you receive the 24 hour urine sample collections from peripheral hospitals or clinics? Do you receive the whole 24 hour collection or an aliquot together with the 24 hour volume?

If you receive an aliquot who measures the 24 hour volume, BMS, nurse or other?

What do you instruct your patients to do if the container you provide is not sufficient to collect all of the urine passed in 24 hours?

Thanks for your help,

Ian Brincat
AHPract Medical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Chemistry Laboratory
Mater Dei Hospital
MALTA

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk