Hello everyone

I just wanted to say thanks to Christos, Steve and everyone who sent supportive messages to me offlist. I am reminded again what an inspiring and generous community WAN is. A useful reminder for me to be mindful of context and assumed knowledge. I'm delighted to report we had an illuminating and convivial loiter on Sunday, at times deeply poignant and troubling questions were asked but it felt good, and important, to be having conversations on and with the streets. I'm also delighted to say we came no closer to defining the soul of this gloriously multi-faceted city that is home to us all. A few folk have posted images to our lively facebook group, if anyone wants to see them and I will be writing up my fieldnotes at some point too. I'd like to reiterate an open invitation to you all should you ever wish to join a First Sunday wander, you will be made very welcome. Also, if anyone is in Manchester next week I'm also talking about my praxis at the Underground Cities Symposium on Tuesday: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/underground-cities-ma-architecture-urbanism-symposium-2017-tickets-35038325575?aff=eac2

Very best wishes, and wonderful wanders, to you all

Morag

Morag Rose

PhD Researcher: Public Space, Gender, Psychogeographies Dept of Urban Studies and Planning at The University of Sheffield
Founder of The LRM (Loiterers Resistance Movement)
Winner of the 2017 Living Streets Charles Mayer Award
Website www.thelrm.org  Twitter @TheLRM Email [log in to unmask]