Radical Cities, Radical Narratives is a one-day conference taking place on 20th October 2017, exploring the relationships between narrative and the contemporary city. The conference is hosted by the Department of English and the Centre for GeoHumanities at Royal Holloway, University of London.

In what ways might the new and challenging forms and experiences of the contemporary city provide paradigms for the critical study of contemporary narrative? How might thinking about the contemporary city in narrative terms expand our understanding of it? In what novel ways are contemporary narrative practices informed by the city as we experience it now?

This one-day conference will address ways in which contemporary narrative forms, procedures and practices are shaped by the particular experiences of the twenty-first century city. It will also consider how the contemporary city itself – its spaces, conflicts and politics – might be conceptualised in narrative terms. In so doing, it intends to provide a forum for a novel interdisciplinary conversation on the relations between narrative and contemporary urban forms.

We invite proposals for 20-minute presentations. Please see the attached call for papers for more details.

Please send your 250-500 word proposals, plus a 50-word biography (including Departmental affiliation), to [log in to unmask]

THE DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS IS JULY 14th, 2017.

https://radicalcities.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/

-----------------------
Clare Qualmann FHEA
Institute for Performing Arts Development
University of East London
USS 3.05
1 Salway Road
London
E15 1NF
http://www.clarequalmann.co.uk<https://dlwebmail.uel.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=vulIpRKq5UKszHXddU-yL_rf0Agog9AIGf7401fqti-XCWBfCE3u4LjVlE3NhTUudiAwXCaQcL0.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.clarequalmann.co.uk%2f>
http://www.walkwalkwalk.org.uk<https://dlwebmail.uel.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=vulIpRKq5UKszHXddU-yL_rf0Agog9AIGf7401fqti-XCWBfCE3u4LjVlE3NhTUudiAwXCaQcL0.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.walkwalkwalk.org.uk%2f>
http://www.walkingartistsnetwork.org
http://footworkwalk.wordpress.com
http://huntlyperambulator.wordpress.com

I am part time and normally work Tuesday - Thursday