Ok

Christophe Thoreau

Le 20 juin 2017 à 20:36, Rowdy Yates <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

View this email in your browser
16th Conference of the European Federation of Therapeutic Communities
16th Conference of European Federation of Therapeutic Communities is coming to Dublin Castle on 20-22nd Sept:

Early bird rate available until June 30th only!!
Click here to Register for the Conference
The overall conference theme is Pathways of Care to Recovery and shall bring together an international network of academic and practitioner based experts in the field of drug and alcohol strategy, policy and practice with a focus on:

•             Gender, women and families
•             Treatment in prison and secure environments
•             Mental health, well-being and intellectual difficulties

The conference shall provide a forum for sharing research findings and discussing implications to enhance the treatment and rehabilitation services offered to clients. Come join us and be inspired:
 Confirmed Speakers
Naya Arbiter
Ms Arbiter is internationally recognised for her contributions to the TC model, particularly in the area of services to women and children and to those incarcerated or under criminal justice supervision. She has authored 14 volumes of TC curriculum used at all Amity centres. She lives in Arizona with her husband, 4 cats, 3 parrots, 3 dogs and optimism.
David Best
Is a professor of criminology at Sheffield Hallam University and Associate Professor of Addiction Science at Monash University in Melbourne. He has written extensively on the subject of desistance from crime and recovery from addiction.
Rod Mullen
My first ‘encounter group’ was at Synanon in March of 1967 – just a year after I graduated from the University of California at Berkeley and I have been involved in the therapeutic community movement since then, first at Synanon and then at Amity since 1982. I’m fortunate to have spent the majority of that time working with and inspired by my life partner Naya Arbiter.

Wouter is associate professor at the Department of Special Needs Education at Ghent University. He is a senior Wouter’s research during the past 15 years includes accessibility, effectiveness and quality of care in substance abuse treatment and concerning recovery in general. His research interests include addiction recovery, case management, treatment methods, vulnerable groups, therapeutic communities, continuity of care and evaluation of treatment. He has supervised several studies on the role of treatment, case management and psychosocial support in addiction recovery, resulting in several journal articles, books and monographs.
Click here to view the conference programme
Click here to subscribe to the newsletter:
MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "abbey.us9.list-manage.com" claiming to be www.coolmine.ie

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.