Happy Friday!

In progress to add pool accounts for some new VOs to support, it turns out
on examination that pool account UIDs & GIDs differ pretty significantly
from CE to WN & that diff WN have diff pool accounts mapped to same UID.

Eg it turns out what are cmspil accounts on WN are a mix of cmspil & ngs
(!) pool accounts on other WN, & are all ngs (!) pool accounts on
Bristol's only CE.

But the site isn't "broken" - seems fine (I think!) (touch wood!)

Either what UID/GID a pool account has really must not matter at all - Is
that true? After all, the gridmapdir which is NFS-mounted to all nodes
from ARGUS uses only pool account name - not UID.
I think it is true but seek confirm.

Or, it does matter & it's just chance that the UID inconsistency across
nodes hasn't bitten Bristol yet.

I've looked in my email archives & find mail from 2009 or so saying things
like

"These are the UID/GIDs that should be used across all nodes at our site"

and

"> So all those pool accounts must remain the same UID/GIDs, is that
> right?
Yes, that's important."

Grateful for advice!
(even moreso for WLCG documentation about this? Is there any?)