From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sean Henry
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 10:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query: "adminicular gear"

A question which someone might be able to answer. I was rereading part of C.S. Lewis's volume in the OHEL where Lewis assesses Watson's Hekatompathia, commenting on the "adminicular gear" Watson includes with his sonnets (p.482). As is usual with Lewis, he doesn't cite the phrase, and I cannot turn it up after a cursory search through Hekatompathia, EEBO, or Google.

I may reveal myself a very cursory searcher indeed (or ill-read beyond worlds, since given Lewis's habits, it's probably from a novel), but does anyone know the source of "adminicular gear," please?

Seeking adminicular aid,

Sean.

Sean Henry, B.A., M.A., PhD.
Lecturer, Department of English