Dear everyone

A question to take your minds off the TEF results tomorrow…

I attended a really interesting day on Mindfulness in HE on Monday with some examples of robust international and UK activity around embedding mindfulness in institutions and the curriculum in some form (a few details available here for anyone interested https://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/index.cfm/mindfulness-in-he ). Here at Winchester we are scoping out activity and a potential project around contemplation and restorative spaces; these can be built on a range of practices, including those which have originated (as we have found) from things that weren’t planned to be contemplative but ended up that way.  I would love to know what else is out there and who is writing about this sort of thing/creating innovations and practices.

If you have any suggestions of things I should know about  or are working in this field do please let me know. I am very happy to circulate a shared bibliography or list of items with anyone interested.

With many thanks and all best

Alison

Dr Alison James

Acting Director Academic Quality and Development and Head of Learning and Teaching

University of Winchester

National Teaching Fellow 2014

Principal Fellow Higher Education Academy

http://www.engagingimagination.com

https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/innovating-creative-arts-lego

http://iedp.com/articles/developing-leaders-magazine-issue-19/

Untitled Document

University of Winchester, a private charitable company limited by
guarantee in England and Wales number 5969256.
Registered Office: Sparkford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO22
4NR