HI all

Joining in late but a few of us were going to do a SEDA online course but stopped progressing this when the HEA and others started the project. We can of course look at this again if there is indeed interest in doing this.

I agree it is hard when there is an emphasis on having someone with experience and I think the idea of appointing people  with no experience and having them as a second a mentor is a good idea and I have two externals on our MA and would be happy to look at this when we next need to appoint but we often have to persuade our institutions that is this is a good succession plan.

Happy to start this in mine

Pam

Professor Pam Parker

Deputy Director,

Professor Educational Development,

Principal Fellow HEA

Senior Fellow SEDA

Department of Learning Enhancement and Development

Level 3 University Building

City, University of London

Northampton Square

London EC1V 0HB

T: +44 (0)20 7040 3047

www.city.ac.uk/people/academics/pam-parker

 Tutorials can be arranged via the phone or e-mail. I am available most mornings until 10.00