Really sorry to see you go Marta, but glad to know you’ll still be part of the RDM community. There’s lots of exciting things going on at Delft so I’m sure we’ll all continue to learn from you.

And welcome Lauren and Marta. Look forward to catching up at the RDN

Sarah

From: Research Data Management discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marta Teperek
Sent: 26 June 2017 11:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Personal news: leaving Cambridge to take up the Data Stewardship Coordinator post at TU Delft

Dear All,

I am writing to share a personal message with you. I will be leaving Cambridge towards the end of July to take up the Data Stewardship Coordinator post at TU Delft. TU Delft is hiring a dedicated Data Steward for each one of their eight faculties and I will be leading the work of Data Stewards with the aim of ensuring good RDM practice at all faculties.

I also wanted to use this opportunity to introduce two new people to the Research Data Team at Cambridge:

-          Dr Lauren Cadwallader, the Joint Deputy Head of the Office of Scholarly Communication (Research Data)

o   Some of you might know Lauren as she’s been working at the OSC before as the Open Access Adviser and she will be taking over from me

o   Lauren has a PhD in Archaeology from the University of Cambridge (so finally there will be someone at Cambridge who understands a bit better the needs of Arts and Humanities researchers ;)).

o   Lauren is attending the RDN meeting at York tomorrow – so for those of you who are coming to the meeting, please do come along and say hello to her (Lauren will be arriving at lunchtime on Tuesday)

-          Dr Marta Busse-Wicher, the Research Data Coordinator

o   Marta is currently a postdoc in biochemistry and she is also one of our Data Champions, so she brings first-hand experience of research data management at Cambridge

o   Marta will be taking over from Rosie Higman – she will lead the Data Champions programme and she will start with us on 4 September

And finally I wanted to thank you all for all the support received for the past couple of years. When starting in my post at Cambridge and tasked with establishing RDM support services, I didn’t know much about RDM, what’s going on in the field, who does what, what’s working and what’s not. The support from you guys, all the resources you shared with me, your helpful tips and tricks, and the ability to follow discussions through this mailing list were really invaluable to me.

Thank you all and I very much hope to keep in touch (will definitely continue subscribing to this mailing list!).

Best wishes,

Marta

Marta Teperek, PhD

Research Data Facility Manager

Cambridge University Library / Research Operations Office

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

tel. 01223 333138 (Friday - Wednesday)

tel. 01223 761652 (Thursday)

Twitter: @martateperek