Sent: 01 June 2017 14:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Retention periods for consent under GDPR

Sadly, I doubt there will be a standard retention period. The period is going to vary depending on what the consent has been for and how easy it is to withdraw consent (or practical to review it). It may be reasonable in most circumstances to say that consent needs to be reviewed annually or every two or three years.

Additionally, the reduction in the potential use of consent brought about by GDPR may make all of this a bit easier anyway...

Donald