From: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jagosh, Justin
Sent: Saturday, 17 June 2017 7:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Reminder: June 26th CECAN webinar on Realist Evaluation part II

Dear Colleagues,

A reminder of an upcoming CECAN webinar that I will be hosting on June 26th at 4:00pm (BST). I will be discussing insights on the context-mechanism association that gained from discussions around common design and analysis issues in realist evaluation. Below is a link to the advert for the event, which includes instructions on registering. The event is 75 minutes and is free.

http://cecan.ac.uk/events/context-mechanism-association-mastering-a-key-heuristic-realist-evaluation-for-innovating

Title:
The "Context + Mechanism" Association: Mastering a key heuristic in Realist Evaluation for innovating complex programmes and policy

This webinar is the second part of a series on Realist Methodology for the Centre for Evaluation of Complexity across the Nexus. Undertaking inquiry using the realist approach involves analysing complexity in terms of context-mechanism-outcome configurations. Confusion often arises in determining when data should fit under 'context' or else 'mechanism' in the process of configuring. This webinar will offer a simple set of definitions for context, mechanism and outcome and will introduce a number of examples of 'raw data' that we will transform into CMO configurations during the webinar to exemplify how to do it. The goal is to stimulate ideas around how to define concepts, theorize programmes and configure data in realist analysis, with the ultimate ambition of increasing capacity for using realist evaluation to innovate and transform programmes.

Sincerely,
Justin

Justin Jagosh, Ph.D
Director, Centre for Advancement in Realist Evaluation and Synthesis (CARES)
www.realistmethodology-cares.org<http://www.realistmethodology-cares.org>
&
Honorary Research Associate
Institute for Psychology, Health and Society
University of Liverpool, UK
www.liv.ac.uk/cares<http://www.liv.ac.uk/cares>