Anne

So sorry to hear this. I know that the RGU course has been diluted as well.

I am happy to offer practice experience in my are ( South West) but cannot offer to be a PT as I have not completed the course. Happy to help where I can though.

BW Dawn

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paula Highton
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] OH Practice Placement

I must admit I have become increasingly worried about this over the last two years.

I appreciate that one of the main causes of the downfall in OH education is a lack of Practice teachers but based on experience with our nearest OH education provider,  which is on the verge of collapse; it is not the only factor.

Just as there are a lack of PTs there is also a lack of OH educators at a level required to teach in Universities. The uptake of course places is also very poor in our sector. I currently have 2 part-time SCPHN students and when one qualifies in September I will be taking on another but I have some serious concerns about the level of support that they have and will have from the Universities. I too am more than happy to facilitate alternative placement days. I have also started taking pre-reg nursing students since January this year to introduce them to the world of OH, but at this rate there won’t be any University courses in the north of the UK that we can sign post interested parties to.

I wonder what is going to happen to our profession going forward. L

Paula