Anne

In my field what I consider the definitive work is “Kanerva’s Occupational Dermatology”. The second edition, which is on my desk as I write, runs to three volumes and over 2,000 pages. There are actually over 200 individual chapters, each written  by an expert in the particular field. Reason it is on my desk is that I am currently putting the finishing touches to two chapters for the third edition. These are “Risk Assessment for Skin Exposure” and “The Workplace Survey”. Helen also has a chapter on “Skin Health Surveillance”. When new it is horrendously expensive, but you can now pick up a copy of the second edition much more reasonably. I think that it is probably the most useful resource for those who wish to know about this complex aspect of occupational health.

Chris

enviroderm logo v5

Chris Packham

FRSPH, FIIRSM, FInstSMM, MCMI

Dermatological Engineer

EnviroDerm Services

‘Hedworth’, Grange Court, Westbury-on-Severn, GL14 1PL, U.K.

Tel: 01386 832 311/07818 035 898