On behalf of my friend, thanks very much to Stan, Martin, Rob, Paul, Laura, and Carl for what he tells me is very useful information to answer his question about invoking the living in the Mass. As usual, this list cannot be stumped.

John

--
John Shinners
Professor, Schlesinger Chair in Humanistic Studies Emeritus

"Learn everything. Later you will see that nothing is superfluous." -- Hugh of St. Victor (d. 1141)