Hello all!

We at Sheffield Hallam University are looking to improve our current offer for new and returning students in terms of library inductions – top tips, orientation, things you need to know – and are thinking this year to run some bitesize workshop / drop-ins. We have a new directorate heading up a new induction programme to all services within it but we, as the library, want to offer something in addition to familiarise students with the environment and how to get the best out of it. We already have some self-help and a tour video but we know we can offer more with appropriate planning and resources.

Just wondering what other libraries and institutions have done previously and are planning to offer….what works, what doesn’t, what you wished you could do [remit, budget, time etc.] Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Carl Lomax

Senior Library Information Officer

Collegiate Campus Library