NoWAL Logo small

A reminder that registration is open for the NoWAL Conference
Library evolution: developing academic libraries for the future

Location: George Fox Centre, Lancaster University

Date: Thursday 20th July 2017
Time:
9.30 – 16:00 (followed by a free drinks’ reception, kindly sponsored by Taylor & Francis, until 17:00)

Our innovative conference will explore the future for academic libraries and will consider how we continue to support library users and meet their evolving teaching, learning and research needs.  The conference themes are: service development & space development; innovation & communication; value & benefits; and collaboration & partnerships.  The scene will be set at the beginning of the morning and afternoon sessions by our cutting edge keynote speakers: Emma Mulqueeny, the founder of Rewired State, and Luke Stevens-Burt, CILIP’s Assistant Director, Member Services at CILIP.

Building on the success of the 2015 conference in Manchester, #NoWAL17 will take place in the George Fox Centre, Lancaster University, with state of the art lecture theatre, multiple break-out spaces and a large central foyer for networking, posters and supplier presentations.  As well as plenty of short papers and workshops to choose from, you’ll get lots of opportunity to network with colleagues from inside and outside NoWAL.  It promises to be a great day in glorious surroundings.

How to Register
You can see the full details of the programme in the attached document and also via the conference tab on the NoWAL website There you can also follow the links to register your attendance at the conference.

** Please read the Conference Breakout Session Abstracts before continuing with the registration process. You should make a note of the session numbers you would like to attend (first and second choices) for each of the breakout sessions as these will be required when booking.**

NB Registration closes on 30th June 2017.

If you have any queries about your booking, or the conference in general, please contact Nicky Freeman – [log in to unmask].

We look forward to meeting you all at the Conference in July.

Proudly sponsored by

NoWAL Conference 2017 Planning Team
May 2017

Nicky Freeman

NOWAL Operations Officer

University of Salford

1st Floor Learning Space

Allerton Building

Frederick Rd Campus

Salford

M6 6PU

T: 0161 295 6768

E: [log in to unmask]

E: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

T: @NoWALlibs #NoWALcpd

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail!