Dear Colleagues,

With apologies for cross-posting, please see below for details of two posts that we are currently recruiting for at Bodleian Health Care Libraries in Oxford.

Both offer an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic health care environment supporting HE and NHS clients and for both posts there are a wide range of training and professional development opportunities available.

All the best,

Donald

G6 Library Manager/Outreach Librarian

Grade 6: £27,629 - £32,958 p.a.

We are looking for graduate in librarianship or information science with an enthusiasm for the delivery of information services to healthcare students, practitioners and researchers.

Responsible for the day-to-day running of our library at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, the post holder will also work as part of the BHCL Outreach Team - supporting the development and delivery of a range of services to our academic and NHS user groups and participating in a tailored training programme providing plenty of opportunity to develop their skills.

The post would particularly suit a recent library or information studies graduate who wants the opportunity to be trained and work in a dynamic healthcare library environment, as well as librarians with more extensive experience who wish to develop their skills in a new area.

This is a fixed-term post for 1 year.  The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 21 June 2017.

For more information and to apply go to https://www.ox.ac.uk/about/jobs/index.html and search for Vacancy ID : 128976

G4 Senior Library Assistant - Enquiries Support

Grade 4: £21,220 - £24,565 p.a.

We are seeking a Senior Library Assistant to support our Enquiry and Outreach Teams. We are looking for candidates with an enthusiasm for the delivery of information services to healthcare students, practitioners and researchers.

You will provide immediate help and advice in responses to Reader queries across a range of areas, providing Readers with introduction and more in-depth support for the library catalogue, basic IT queries, bibliographic databases and other online resources and providing a triage service to the BHCL Outreach and Enquiry Teams. The role also involves hands-on support for training sessions, some administrative duties in support of the teams, support for service marketing and promotion, and general service desk and library duties.

This is a fixed-term post for 2 years.  The closing date for applications is 12.00 midday on 14 June 2017. Interviews are expected to take place on 23 June 2017.

For more information and to apply go to https://www.ox.ac.uk/about/jobs/index.html  and search for Vacancy ID :128463

Donald M Mackay

Open Access & next REF – Act on Acceptance: http://openaccess.ox.ac.uk

a_million_decisions_autosignature (1)

Head of Medical Sciences and Health Care Libraries

The Bodleian Libraries

The Cairns Library

The University of Oxford

The John Radcliffe Hospital