I stumbled across this truly impressive deep review of the Implicit Association Test (January, 2017) - relevant to its use as a ‘measure’ of racial bias. I had always thought this test and its assumption-laden logic was junk-science  - now I’m convinced.

Psychology’s Favorite Tool for Measuring Racism Isn’t Up to the Job

Almost two decades after its introduction, the implicit association test has failed to deliver on its lofty promises.

By Jesse Singal

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/01/psychologys-racism-measuring-tool-isnt-up-to-the-job.html

(free to download/read)

Reading the evidence presented, the arguments from protagonists and critics - and the climbdowns being done by the two ‘famous names’ who promulgated this nonsense for so long - well, for me it just goes to show what happens when psychologists behave as though scientific integrity is a negotiable quality.

The two who started this bandwagon - Banaji and Greenwald - deserve every insult going for daring to promulgate their tosh as a tool for ‘diagnostic evaluation’.

I wonder what the publishers of these IAT instruments are going to do (like Hogrefe) - since they are now wide-open to legal challenge by anyone based upon the evidence presented in this article.

Sheesh, I’d have a field day in court with those pathetic ‘explanatory’ r-squares being reported as ‘evidence of predictive accuracy’ .

Ah well .. sorry if others have already seen this but this is so very important.

Regards .. Paul

Chief Research Scientist

Cognadev.com

W: www.cognadev.com