Dear list members,

I would like to remind you that we still have a few places available for the Metropolis summer school for non-speakers. The fee of £40 covers accommodation, catering and the various events and activities (see below). Registration is open until 19 June.

INSTITUTE OF MODERN LANGUAGES RESEARCH
School of Advanced Study • University of London
Organised in conjunction with the
German Academic Exchange Service
Metropolis 2017
Postgraduate Summer School
London, 26-29 June 2017
Keynote speakers: Erica Carter (King’s College London); Ruth Dawson (Hawaii/IMLR); Matthew Gandy (Cambridge); Esther Leslie (Birkbeck College, London); Martin Swales (University College London). In addition to the conference panels, the summer school includes a number of other stimulating events, such as a screening of Fritz Lang's 1927 expressionist epic Metropolis at the British Film Institute, walking tours exploring the ‘hidden’ sides of London's history and infrastructure (City of London, Bloomsbury, and Whitechapel), and an opportunity to respond creatively to the ‘metropolis’ theme.
Programme │ Online registration (advance registration required)

Dr Stephan Ehrig

Post-Doctoral Fellow in Modern Languages (Germanic/Central European)
Institute of Modern Languages Research University of London
Senate House, Room 238
Malet Street London WC1E 7HU