We don’t currently use them but I’ve seen them used at other museums before - normally they’re pretty handy and secure (especially if they’re lockable). The one drawback is it can take longer for the students to find their stuff at the end especially if it’s at the bottom. This can be somewhat alleviated by having several cages so belongings are more spread out. I actually find bins and cages easier to use than coat racks and hangers, especially with younger children.

Cheers,

Ashleigh Hibbins
Learning Producer - Secondary Schools

National Army Museum
Royal Hospital Road
London
SW3 4HT
T: 0207 881 2492
E: [log in to unmask]
W: www.nam.ac.uk

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 10:54, Jennifer Horseman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We're looking to expand the space that we have for school visits and storage of items brought by the children (coats, bags etc) is a real issue as we have limited lunchroom space (doesn't everybody?).
>
> One of the things I've considered is using those large metal storage cages you often see in shops.  Have one on wheels, get them to bung everything in there and just wheel it out of the way to a storeroom upstairs until it's needed again at lunchtime.
>
> Have any of you used these for this purpose and if so, are there any drawbacks which need to be considered?  Leaking juiceboxes over everyone's coats could be one...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jennifer
>
> +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +
>
> GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
>
> For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=GEM
>
> +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +     +

> Scanned by MailDefender Plus, powered by Symantec Email Security.cloud

The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this email.
Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any
warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the
National Army Museum unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement,
letter of facsimile signed by an authorised signatory of the Museum.
Any part of this e-mail, which is purely personal in nature, is not
authorised by the National Army Museum. All email traffic through the
Museum's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring.

All liability for errors and viruses is excluded

02077300717