Hi Anderson,

Thank you for answering me, but I didn’t really manage to find what «  could be done » and what is «  mathematically true with no possible refutation »  concerning TFCE.

To explain you in details, I made a study on 10 mm FWHM on both surface and volume metabolism maps using corrected (FWE p < 0.05) TFCE statistics, with PET scanner having a 5.7 mm spatial resolution. I chose a minimum cluster size of 90 mm2/mm3. Below the question from the reviewer:

«  how was the size of the accepted cluster chosen? 90 mm2 considering the actual spatial resolution of the used scanner and the filtering at 10mm is very "dangerous" and possibly unreliable. As it is 90mm3 in the subcortical structures if I interpreter well "resp.", about 4.5x4.5x4.5 mm, below the camera resolution »

Could you give me your opinion on this ?

Best regards,
Matthieu