Hi Arsene,

Please see below:

On 7 June 2017 at 07:00, Henri Longin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Anderson,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

>> I think the topic in that thread is exactly what you need. I have just posted an example design there, please have a look.
>> There are 3 groups for that one, whereas yours have 2, so you only have to simplify it a bit.

Finally I found the thread dealing with groups and 4 time points. I changed the design to adapt it to my experiment involving 2 groups and 4 repeated measures (find it attached).

Could you please tell me:

1) if the attached design is correct for my case

Design and contrasts look fine to me.

2) On associated contrasts you mention linear increase and linear decrease.
But the changes that may occur throughout the 4 measures should not necessarily have to be linear. I wonder if this design still hold.

The design holds, only the fit will be poorer, with a higher (less significant) p-value.

3) Also, how could I set contrasts on this design matrix for example to test:
  • t2 > t1 in G1
  • t4 > t2 in G2
  • G2 > G1 for t1
  • ...

Yes, you can. Only note that, the more contrasts, the higher is the chance of error type I. To correct for multiple contrasts, use the option -corrcon in PALM.

All the best,

Anderson

Arsene