As for the SGE, I had tried another options, so I will try your suggestion!

Thanks again,
Anu

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Eelke Visser <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Anu,

Looks like you may have a non-ascii character in your mist_filenames file - does that make sense? Feel free to attach the file if you don't see anything wrong with it.

If you don't have SGE set up it should automatically run locally - you can type "unset SGE_ROOT" to be sure.

Hope that helps!

Eelke

-----Original Message-----
From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anu Venkatesh
Sent: 27 June 2017 14:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FSL] MIST questions, new FSL update 5.0.10

Dear FSl support,

I'm starting to play around with MIST (FSL and python novice here), and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. I saw it's currently in Beta stage-are bugs still being worked out?

First I had some issues with the filenames config file, but after that was sorted out, I'm having trouble from the job submissions end. I've gotten error messages (posted an example below) and I'm still trying to work out how to tell MIST to not look for a SGE (not set up) and just run locally.

Help would be very much appreciated!

All the best,
Anu

error messages: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/fsl/python/mist/mist_script.py", line 256, in <module>
    do_preproc(sys.argv[2])
  File "/usr/local/fsl/python/mist/mist_script.py", line 128, in do_preproc
    mtypes, scans, vsize = read_config()
  File "/usr/local/fsl/python/mist/mist_script.py", line 93, in read_config
    for ln in csv.reader(fnf):
  File "/usr/local/fsl/fslpython/envs/fslpython/lib/python3.5/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
    return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 10: ordinal not in range(128)