I'm trying to apply an affine transform to some volumes.  My standard
approach to this is:

applywarp -i invol.nii.gz -r invol.nii.gz -o outvol.nii.gz --interp=nn
--premat=./somefile.mat

But I'm getting a segfault with the error message "Could not open matrix
file ./somefile.mat".  The directory containing invol.nii.gz and
somefile.mat happens to be a symlink, and the command works if I use this
instead:

--premat=`readlink -f ./somefile.mat`

Is there some reason applywarp can't handle symlinks for mat files?  I
don't seem to need `readlink` for the .nii paths, only mat.  FLIRT
-applyxfm -init ./somefile.mat seems to handle all of these paths without
problem.  I've tried applywarp from several different FSL versions.

Thanks!
-Keith