'OUR SHARED FUTURE: BEYOND FEAR AND INTOLERANCE'
Refugee Week Event 2017

Tuesday 27 June 2017
18:30 – 21:00
Tavistock Centre, 120 Belsize Lane, NW3, 5BA
The 'Centre for trauma, Asylum and Refugees' of the University of Essex in collaboration with the UNHCR, the Tavistock Centre and the Refugee Council
Booking: Via Eventbrite
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/our-shared-future-beyond-fear-and-intolerance-tickets-34882128385

We're delighted to invite you to our annual joint event to mark the Refugee Week.

Invited speaker:
Stephen Sackur (HARDtalk BBC journalist)
Given his extensive experience in interviewing world leaders and influential persons, he has an enormous understanding of the different perspectives that inform the current debate on refugees, and he will share his insights, interactively, on these thorny issues.
A key characteristic of these annual events is the ample time given for lively participation of the audience, in interacting with the guest speaker and with all panel members.

Panel members:
Sasha Ali (UNHCR)
David Amias (Tavistock Centre)
Angelina Jalonen (The Refugee Council)
Renos Papadopoulos (CTAR)

The Refugee Week is an annual event, celebrated in June. The theme this year is ‘Different Pasts, Shared Future’.

For further information, visit Centre for Trauma, Asylum and Refugee Website:
http://www.essex.ac.uk/cps/research/ctar.aspx

Please note: Booking a ticket for this event does not guarantee your seat. Due to the high frequency of uncollected tickets to free events in the past, we are releasing a higher number of tickets to seats. We anticipate this will be a popular event. Doors will open at 6.15pm and seats will be allocated to people on the booking list on a first-come, first-served basis. Thanks for your understanding!

Kind regards,

Selin Siviº
Research Assistant
Centre for Trauma, Asylum and Refugees /
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology
University of Essex
E:  [log in to unmask]

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by the Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or extracts should include attribution to the original sources.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Posting guidelines: http://www.forcedmigration.org/research-resources/discussion/forced-migration-discussion-list-posting-guidelines