The Learning and Teaching Institute at the University of Chester is looking for a new External Examiner for our PG Cert Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (which is accredited against the UK PSF at Descriptor 1 and 2) and the associated PG Dip/MA programmes.  The position will be available from the start of the 2017/18 academic year for four years, with a fee of £350 paid annually on completion of a report.

The successful candidate will have Senior or Principal Fellowship of the HEA, experience of working on or leading similar programmes, and hold a minimum of a master’s degree. They will attend at least one of our module assessment boards in person (we hold two annually, normally in November and June). Written work is made available via the VLE in advance of these meetings.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Kate Litherland, Head of Academic Development and Enhancement ([log in to unmask]). To apply, please send a short CV and letter of application to [log in to unmask], to be received by 4pm on 7th July. Please note, unfortunately we are unable to consider applications from colleagues who have studied or worked at the University of Chester within the past five years, or who have participated in any review of the Learning and Teaching Institute within that time.