Systematic review. Cochrane.
Overall, DAAs (direct-acting antivirals) on the market or under development do not seem to have any effects on risk of serious adverse events. Simeprevir may have beneficial effects on risk of serious adverse event. In all remaining analyses, we could neither confirm nor reject that DAAs had any clinical effects. DAAs seemed to reduce the risk of no sustained virological response. The clinical relevance of the effects of DAAs on no sustained virological response is questionable, as it is a non-validated surrogate outcome. All trials and outcome results were at high risk of bias, so our results presumably overestimate benefit and underestimate harm. The quality of the evidence was very low.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD012143.pub2/full
-in line with:
http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com.es/search/label/Sovaldi
http://www.bmj.com/content/350/bmj.g7809
http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/2014/04/knee-deep-in-hoopla-triumph-of-medical.html
http://hcrenewal.blogspot.com/search/label/Sovaldi
-interesting also to see the "experts" opinion
Crítica a la revisión Cochrane sobre los antivirales en la hepatitis C.   European  Association  for  the  Study  of  the  Liver.
Serious concerns after the recent publication of a Cochrane Review “Direct  acting antivirals for chronic hepatitis C”.
http://www.journal-of-hepatology.eu/pb/assets/raw/Health%20Advance/journals/jhepat/CochraneEASLJMP003.pdf
-un saludo juan gérvas @JuanGrvas