Policy & Politics <http://policypress.co.uk/journals/policy-and-politics>
has been publishing seminal works on public and social policy, and politics
for over 40 years. It is a world-leading journal - ranked 11th out of all
public administration journals with an impact factor of 1.939 - and is
committed to advancing understanding of the dynamics of policy-making and
implementation.  By exploring the interplay between political actors,
governing institutions and policy issues, the journal contributes to
theories of the policy process; and by reflecting on the evolving context
in which these interactions occur, it provides critical insights that are
timely and fresh.

*The journal’s co-editors invite proposals for a special issue to be
published online in 2019 and in print in 2020 that will make a significant
contribution to our understanding of public or social policy and/or
politics.*

We receive a large number of enquiries about and proposals for special
issues which means that we are in the enviable position of selecting only
the very strongest. To be successful, proposals need to offer a coherent
set of excellent original research articles that will re-frame or develop
knowledge on a topic which is at the leading edge of current debates and is
clearly relevant to the journal’s worldwide readership. Proposals may
include a mixture of theoretical, conceptual and empirical cases and a
range of research methods, but must demonstrate how they will make a
significant and lasting contribution to the field.

Special issues of this significance generally take at least eighteen months
to two years from the acceptance of a proposal through to final
publication.  In return, we can offer a fast-track publication service for
all articles with turnaround times of 2-3 months from delivery of the final
manuscript to publication. In addition, we undertake significant
article-level marketing for special issues, and all special issues are
eligible for consideration for publication in book form, in the Policy &
Politics series published by Policy Press.

Please read our guidance document
<http://www.bris.ac.uk/media-library/sites/sps/documents/policy--politics/Special-issue-guidance%202017.pdf>
on how to develop your proposal, to ensure that you include all the
information we will need to evaluate it. If you would like to talk through
any aspect of your proposal, please do not hesitate to contact us

The timetable for evaluating proposals is set out below:

Call for proposals open; submit to mailto:[log in to unmask]

30th June 2017

Deadline for submitting proposals

8th December 2017

Decision on selection of one proposal announced

28th February 2018

Initial draft of articles submitted

By 29th June 2018

Peer reviews and feedback given

By 7th December 2018

Revised articles submitted and finalised

1st qtr 2019

Articles published online as fast track

2nd qtr 2019

Special issue print edition