Aren't degree lists published?

If refused, this begs the question of how a claimed qualification can be verified.

Is the issue here than a journalist is making the request?  Would a request from a prospective employer be refused?

I can think of several situations in which there is arguably a "public interest" in having a claimed qualification validated by the issuer.

If a claim to a qualification is made to achieve a particular salary, that may be fraud by misrepresentation contrary to s.2 Fraud Act 2006; but is an employer then expected to involve the police (and an s.29 request) or make an s.35 request?

Michael
PhD, DPhil, MA, BSc, BA (Bombay, failed) 😉