Apologies for cross posting

Thank you to everyone who has helped with the first RecordsDNA wiki survey. This produced some interesting additions in terms of the risks for the digital evidence base – key were ideas around overload and also the components that link and provide context for an evidential record. Top trending risk was losing intelligence around where important information is stored. We received responses from all the continents of the world bar Antarctica! This survey will stay open if you do wish to add further ideas.

However, I am now emailing to ask for help with the next part of our work. We are capturing data to provide an infographic of the components of a record. To do this we need YOUR help!

Our second wiki survey deals with “What are the most significant components of a digital evidential record?” at

http://www.allourideas.org/RecordDNAcomponents

Please can you go to the wiki survey. If you click on the second tab at the survey you will see all the components that others have already added. Going back to tab one you will see that in the open text box you can add any missing components – please do this.

You can then undertake the actual survey ranking exercise voting on the significance of the components– you need not get to the end as it keeps going comparing all the combinations but some votes would be helpful.

Thanks for all your help – pass this on far and wide please. Let us see if we can get a contribution from Antarctica this time!

Elizabeth and Julie

Dr Elizabeth Lomas
University College London

Professor Julie McLeod