*Apologies for any cross-posting*

Dear all,

Please find below details regarding a new, upcoming symposium, taking place at the end of the month.

Revolution, Evolution, Imposition? Thinking, Framing and Doing Digital Geographies

With Panellists: Jon Cinnamon, Ian Cook, Ayona Datta, Martin Dodge, Agnieszka Leszczynski, and Gillian Rose.

Registration Deadline: Friday 16th June

 On behalf of the Digital Geographies Working Group of the RGS, we would like to extend an invitation to our first annual symposium on Friday 30th June 2017.

What is the event? The inaugural event of the Digital Geographies Working Group, our first symposium is an opportunity to engage with like-minded individuals interested in all things digital, within various sub disciplines of Geography and beyond. Our event features a series of talks by six panellists with our Acting Chair, Dorothea Kleine, heading the discussion. The panellists cover a breadth of geographies including cultural and methodological challenges, smart cities, development, critical data studies, GIS, and security. In addition, the day features an opportunity for attendees to present a two-minute ‘Digital Short’ on their research and group activities, as well as the opportunity to network with fellow researchers throughout the day and afterwards.

Who should attend? Anyone interested in or researching the digital within Geography and beyond. Senior academics, researchers and postgraduates at any stage of their career are all welcome. It will be a fantastic opportunity to share your research, develop links with other researchers, as well as discuss ongoing digital research within the Geography community and the challenges we face.

Why should you attend? The Digital Geographies working group is new, innovative and seeking to grow. We are eager to develop links and networks with likeminded researchers and rapidly grow digital scholarship within our discipline. We aim to provide a platform and intellectual community to engage in discussions of the digital and geography, and stimulate critical engagement. Regardless of the stage of your career, we believe our first symposium presents a great opportunity to be part of an exciting and developing area of Geographical research.

Where: Royal Geographical Society, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AR

Time: 10am - 5pm (Morning coffee available from 9:30)

Registration: £27 waged, £17 unwaged / postgraduate students. Includes lunch and beverages.

Get your tickets from the Eventbrite page here.

http://www.digitalrgs.org/

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/revolution-evolution-imposition-thinking-framing-and-doing-digital-geographies-registration-32982483496