We had the Tritek CrystalPro and now have two Formulatrix RI-1000s. We're very happy with what we have now, and though I don't know what improvements Tritek has made since the version we owned, at the time we found their software clunky, imaging not the best or most consistent, and automation challenging. It took a great deal of time to make it work marginally.

The formulatrix systems on the other hand have been robust and their support excellent (we pay for annual software support but let the hardware support go). They're easy to run and maintain.

Chris

Dr Christopher A Waddling

Crystallography Facility Manager

Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics

University of California, San Francisco

Genentech Hall, Box 2140

600 16th St., S126C

San Francisco, CA