Dear BFDG-colleagues,

Together with colleagues, I have conducted a meta-analysis to investigate whether cue-reminders could increase the effectiveness of health-promoting interventions.

A cue-reminder is an intervention component that is provided to individuals into daily and potentially high-risk situations after having received a health-promoting intervention. Cue-reminders are aimed at reminding intervention recipients (sub)consciously of the intervention, thereby reactivating what was learned. As such, the intervention infiltrates into daily and potentially high-risk situations through which relapse may be prevented. An example of a cue-reminder is a bracelet that recipients can wear to remind them of the intervention message (e.g. 'stick to your diet').

We included only published data and tested for publication bias using trim-and-fill, but given that these methods are under current scrunity (cf. Inzlicht, Gervais, & Berkman, 2015), we were asked to include any unpublished data to get a more robust estimate of the true effect sizes.

So, here is my request: if you have any unpublished studies related to cue-reminder effectiveness in relation to healthy lifestyle promotion, specifically with regards to safe sex, eating behavior, physical exercise, and substance use, we we would be grateful to receive your work and include them in our analyses. Also, please contact us if you know of other researchers who performed relevant but (yet) unpublished studies in this field.

Sincerely,

Roel Hermans
Marloes Kleinjan
Lonneke van Leeuwen ([log in to unmask])

Roel C.J. Hermans, PhD
Behavioural Science Institute
Radboud University
PO BOX 9104