On behalf of Jane Secker
________________________________
From: A closed discussion list for copyright permission seekers <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Secker, Jane <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: 19 June 2017 17:33
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Use of audiovisual materials

Hi LIS-Copyseekers

Chris Morrison, Lisa Jeskins and I are helping Learning On Screen (the new name for the British Universities Film and Video Council (BUFVC)) to carry out some research to better understand the needs of the education sector with regards to copyright and audiovisual material.

The e-CHARM project is a 6 month project to scope out and research the education sector copyright needs with a view to improving the services LoS offer. The first phase of this research is a short survey<https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ECHARM>, which should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. We would be grateful if LIS-Copyseek members could complete it and pass it on to colleagues as we want as many librarians, learning technologists, teachers and lecturers to participate. The survey will be open until Monday 10th July and respondents have the option to enter a prize draw to win a £20 Amazon voucher. They do not need to provide any details beyond the institution they work for unless they wish.

Following the survey, we will also be looking for volunteers from across the higher and further education and schools sectors to join focus groups or take part in telephone interviews in early August. The survey gives you the option to leave your contact details if you are willing to take part in further research.

Many thanks

Jane

Dr Jane Secker FHEA, FCLIP, FRSA
Senior Lecturer in Educational Development
Learning Enhancement and Development (LEaD)
City, University of London
Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB
Tel 020 7040 0176 Twitter: @jsecker Skype: seckerjane

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.

This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.

Visit the official page of ARLIS UK & Ireland http://www.arlis.net/Home. Subscribe to https://arlismatters.wordpress.com/, to receive regular posts on art library and archive matters; news, print and digital art and design resources, artists’ books, recent and upcoming events and exhibitions, ARLIS/UK & Ireland publications, job listings and professional profiles.