The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is looking for a new Archive Assistant.

Part-time, fixed term role for 12 months from September 2017 to September 2018.
Salary: £10,647 per annum for 22.5 hours per week, 0.6 FTE (pro rata from FTE of £17,510)

The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre welcomes thousands of people through our doors every year to experience the wonder and magic of Roald Dahl’s stories. Our Archive Assistant plays a key role in providing access to Roald Dahl’s amazing archive through answering enquiries and assisting researchers, cataloguing, creating engaging archive displays and working with colleagues across the Dahl organisations to make sure that our unique archive content reaches as many people as possible.

As the Archive Assistant, your working day is based on supporting the work of the Collections Department.  You will be looking to gain experience before working towards a post-graduate qualification in Archives and Records Management and keen to develop new skills and match your enthusiasms with the work of a Museum that really values and supports professional development.

Come and work with a friendly team in the lovely village of Great Missenden, just 45 minutes from London but surrounded by the beautiful countryside that inspired Roald Dahl.

Please go to https://www.roalddahl.com/global/jobs for the job description, background information and application form.

If you have any questions about this job please call 01494 892192 or email [log in to unmask]

Closing date: Thursday 29 June 2017 at 5pm

Interviews: Thursday 27 July 2017